Childrens Headache Network Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension Study Day, Thursday 12 September 2019Course Duration: 1-Day
Cost: GBP N/A
Reduced Cost: GBP N/A
Total Course Places: 50 (15 standard places currently available; -35 reduced rate places available)
CPD Points: 6. You will be able to download a pdf of your CPD certificate following attendance at the course.
There is no pre course reading for this course
CRUK Cancer Research UK Cambridge Institute
University of Cambridge
To increase awareness of paediatric IIH in UK.
Please note there is a £25 registration fee which includes coffee/tea and lunch. Once registered via the BPNA page event your details will be passed onto the relevant person who will be in contact for payment.
8.30 - 9.15- Registration, Tea and Coffee
9.15 - Introduction by Dr. Deepa Krishnakumar
1. 9.30 - 10.15 am - Dr. Grant Liu, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and the
Hospital of University of Pennsylvania - Paediatric IIH: Diagnosis, Demographics
2. 10.15 - 11.00 - Ms. Brinda Muthusamy, Consultant Neuro-ophthalmologist
Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge, UK - Paediatric IIH visual outcome data
in East of England.
3. 11.00 - 11.45 - Ms. Susan Mollan, Consultant Adult Neuro -Ophthalmologist,
University Hospital Birmingham UK Adult IIH in UK: improving patient
care through epidemiology and guidelines
4. 11.45 - 12.30 - Dr. Alex Sinclair, Professor of Neurology, University of Birmingham
- Pathophysiology to Emerging treatments in IIH
12.30- 13.30 – Lunch
1. 13.30 - 13.45 - Ms. Keira Stanford-Reed - Young person’s Personal experience of raised CSF pressure
2. 13.45 - 14.00 - Laura Kerby IIH UK - IIH from parents perspective
3. 14.00 - 14.30 - Dr. James Taggart, DPhil, AFP trainee, Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge and cerebrospinal fluid -
Correlation between the total number of features of paediatric pseudotumor cerebri syndrome and cerebrospinal fluid pressure
4. 14.30 - 15.15 - Case based discussion led by Dr. Pooja Harijan, Consultant Paediatric Neurologist, Addenbrooke’s Hospital Complex cases in Paediatric IIH
5. 15.15 - 15.45 - Dr. Sam Amin, Consultant Paediatric Neurologist, University Hospital Bristol - Delphi process in Paediatric IIH
6. 15.45 - 16.30 - Open floor discussion
Registration is £25 (Includes tea, coffee and lunch). Once you have booked in via the BPNA event page your email will be given to Ms. Julie Plaza - firstname.lastname@example.org who will then be in contact with you for the £25 registration payment.
Case based discussion - to submit cases please email email@example.com - 5 cases of 7 minutes duration will be allocated on first come first basis.
Clinical nurse specialist - Ms. Sharon Whyte -firstname.lastname@example.org
Consultant Paediatric Neurologist
Dr. Deepa Krishnakumar- email@example.com
CPD points- recognised for 7 CPD points by BPNA
Please note that the programme may be slightly altered for the afternoon session.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Paediatricians, Paediatric neurologists , Ophthalmology, Paediatric neurology registrars, Specialist nurses, Neurology trainees
MAPPING TO GENERAL PAEDIATRIC COMPETENCIES
Default mapping text..