Method of delivery: Online
Friday 11 September 2020
Course Duration: 1-day
Cost: GBP 140.00
Reduced Cost: GBP 100.00 Nurses and Allied Health Professionals, eg EEG technicians, Dietitians
Total Course Places: 36 (0 standard places currently available; 0 reduced rate places available)
CPD Points: 6. You will be able to download a pdf of your CPD certificate following attendance at the course.
Download pre course reading
Read more about CHaT courses
This CHaT course will be delivered online in a virtual environment. We will send registered attendees the link.
Children's Headache Training (CHaT) has been designed to improve knowledge and skills amongst health professionals who care for children and young people with headache. By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Take a headache-focussed history and undertake a relevant examination
- Classify headache based on this information alone (reducing reliance on investigation)
- Learn about pathophysiology of headache
- Know which elements of the history / examination mandate brain imaging or other tests
- Diagnose and manage migraine, migraine variants and other primary headache types
- Diagnose secondary headaches and take initial steps in their management
This is a 1-day course that will be delivered online in a virtual environment. You are expected to attend for the whole day.
The virtual course will be delivered in exactly the same way as the face-to-face course. Additionally, to ensure you are able to get the most out of your interaction with the faculty, and other course attendees, there will be:
- A pre course orientation meeting with your Workshop tutor and group (1 hour, online, approx 2 weeks pre course)
- A post course consolidation of learning meeting with your Workshop tutor and group (1 hour, online, approx 4 weeks post course )
Please download and complete the CHaT precourse workbook (see link above) before attending the course.
|08.30-09.00||Registration with tea and coffee|
|09.00-09.25||Introduction and quiz (lecture)|
|09.25-09.45||Epidemiology and classification (lecture)|
|09.45-10.25||History and examination (lecture)|
|10.25-10.45||Tea and coffee break|
|10.45-11.45||Important secondary headaches and red flags (workshop)|
|11.45-12.15||Migraine - pathophysiology and classification (lecture)|
|12.15-12.35||Periodic syndromes (lecture)|
|13.30-14.30||Management of migraine (workshop)|
|14.30-14.55||Tension-type and short duration headaches (lecture)|
|14.55-15.15||Tea and coffee break|
|15.15-15.35||Chronic daily headache (lecture)|
|15.35-16.35||Management of tension-type and other primary headaches (workshop)|
|16.35-17.00||Summing up and quiz (whole group)|
|17.00||Close and departure|
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
CHaT has been developed for:
- Consultant Paediatricians and paediatric trainees
- Consultants in paediatric emergency medicine & emergency medicine trainees
- General Practitioners and GP trainees
- Health professionals working within a pain service eg psychologists
- Consultant Paediatric Neurologists and Paediatric Neurology Trainees
If you are not currently a practising clinician or you hold a different job role to those listed above, please contact a member of the Short Course Team on +44(0) 1204 526 002 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss if you should attend this course.
MAPPING TO GENERAL PAEDIATRIC COMPETENCIES